Guiding Light of The Month

O Lord, how ardently do I call and implore Thy love! Grant that my aspiration may be intense enough to awaken the same aspiration everywhere: oh, may good- ness, justice and peace reign as supreme masters, may ignorant egoism be overcome, darkness be suddenly illu- minated by Thy pure Light; may the blind see, the deaf hear, may Thy law be proclaimed in every place and, in a constantly progressive union, in an ever more perfect harmony, may all, like one single being, stretch out their arms towards Thee to identify themselves with Thee and manifest Thee upon earth. - The Mother

Question of the month (May 2015)

Q:  Is it true that it is mostly the Mahasaraswati aspect of the Mother that works in our sadhana here?

A. Sri Aurobindo: At present since the sadhana came down to the physical consciousness - or rather it is a combination of Maheshwari - Mahasaraswati forces.

Q: I am always in touch with the Mother during work. Not only do I remember her but the contact with her remains during work. Her Force constantly flows into the Adhar and the work is done automatically, but swiftly, perfectly, unhesitatingly - without personal anxieties and responsibilities; instead, there is confidence, sureness, strength, calmness. I feel that if I can do work in this attitude, it will be perfect, flawless, the work of the Mother’s child, not of an egoistic man. Kindly let me know if I am correct.

A: Sri Aurobindo: Yes, it is very good progress and the first step towards the right use of the Power of action. 

Q: Today while engaged in work I felt a peaceful energy and something like ice touching my head. Then the knowledge came to me with a strong feeling and vision that though the Mother is not physically near us, she is always present near and around us and is constantly removing all kinds of difficulties with the touch of her affectionate hand. Was this a vision or realisation? Through what consciousness did it come to me?
 
A: Sri Aurobindo:  It is a realisation attended with vision and feeling. It is psychic and the mental together that produced it.

(Sri Aurobindo on Himself and The Mother, Sri Aurobindo, Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Pondicherry, 1953)

No comments: