Guiding Light of The Month

O Lord, how ardently do I call and implore Thy love! Grant that my aspiration may be intense enough to awaken the same aspiration everywhere: oh, may good- ness, justice and peace reign as supreme masters, may ignorant egoism be overcome, darkness be suddenly illu- minated by Thy pure Light; may the blind see, the deaf hear, may Thy law be proclaimed in every place and, in a constantly progressive union, in an ever more perfect harmony, may all, like one single being, stretch out their arms towards Thee to identify themselves with Thee and manifest Thee upon earth. - The Mother

The Values IEP Taught me and Changed me as a Person

IEP has moulded me into a courageous, outspoken person. Through IEP, not only have I learnt these 2 qualities, but many others needed for life as well, qualities like resilience, patience and respecting other people.
Each and every quality was injected into me, through different ways, such as stories, games, past experiences, and the importance of that particular value. It taught me the most important quality, which is taking everything in a positive manner.
In IEP, each and everyone is treated equally and given the same amount of importance. Because of this I felt respected as a child or a person. There is no such thing as the older you are the more respected you will be, since, you can learn from one another despite the age.
I was introduced to IEP at the age of 8. It is a programme that enables one to experience every nook and corner of life. As parents do, the facilitators do not advise or scold me if I exhibit an undesirable behaviour .Rather, they explain why I am not supposed to do that without hurting my feelings. After they explain to me about my act, I feel good, and emerge a cleaner person who has gotten rid of one bad quality or I feel that I have rectified my mistake. I know that every mistake committed is a stepping stone of success. Believe me or not, you will not repeat the same mistake again. Talk to the facilitators, you will know!
Although I do not attend IEP classes now, because of longer hours of school commitment, I really look forward to special occasions that everyone attends and I try go for these. I really love talking to people in Mother’s centre, that type of love they have for the rest and the way they behave, WOW!! I SALUTE THEM!!!
Each and every day, one can learn, something through observing, talking to others, and admiring them. Not only do you admire, but keep them as your role model and try to follow their footsteps. For example, I have admired a lot of people with patience since I get angry very easily. But, I can safely say that I have reduced my temper a little and I am still trying to reduce my temper, and I know that even a little makes a big difference .The happiest place that I can be in is the Mother’s centre, that place is filled with happiness, peace, love and beautiful vibrations. I really like the people there, who are in the community of divine love. When I am surrounded by them, I feel secure, respected and recognized. Everywhere that I would turn, a familiar face appears. The feeling is wonderful, fantastic.
I really hope that one fine day; I would be like these people! How I wish!!!

- Meenakshi, Former IEP Child

No comments: