Guiding Light of The Month

O Lord, how ardently do I call and implore Thy love! Grant that my aspiration may be intense enough to awaken the same aspiration everywhere: oh, may good- ness, justice and peace reign as supreme masters, may ignorant egoism be overcome, darkness be suddenly illu- minated by Thy pure Light; may the blind see, the deaf hear, may Thy law be proclaimed in every place and, in a constantly progressive union, in an ever more perfect harmony, may all, like one single being, stretch out their arms towards Thee to identify themselves with Thee and manifest Thee upon earth. - The Mother

IEP: reflections from children

(I)

I joined today’s IEP Class. I liked very much joining back the class and it was very interesting. We all learned a new game called “GO” taught by Adi Uncle. The game was very challenging and we had to use our brains to play the GO Game. We should concentrate and use our knowledge to play the game well. We got the print outs of the game details and also the website address where we could go and play too. We were all really thankful to Adi Uncle for sharing this new game with us.

Naveen and I played this game for a while and after that we went out for outdoor play. We all enjoyed a lot playing the blind fold game. Shree Valli akka was the “blinded” and she was trying to catch us. Later after completing the outdoor game we came back to Mother’s room and discussed our feelings on that day’s IEP class.

My younger sister came, she played with Anjali, Sofia and other kids outside the room doing stuff with some sand, colour painting. They too enjoyed playing with mud, water and paints. Other younger groups made aeroplanes using Styrofoam and flew it out on the open field.

Finally, we did mediation with Mother’s music and departed to our homes. I am glad I attended IEP class, and learnt new things with friends.
- Kishore
(II)

In I.E.P., I did five things. First, aunty Jaishree read a story of many animals fighting for the king tree. During the story I felt that the animals were not sharing the king tree because each one of them had their own reasons for keeping the king tree alive. But at the end the animals worked together and managed to save the king tree. During the reflection and sharing time, we shared what we learned. I learned to share and work together.

Thirdly, we did a house plan using recycled pages from magazines. It was a lot of fun and I liked it very much. After that, we went out to play. First, we played `Soldiers’. I learned to care and help my team members. Next, we played ‘Go Past The River On a boat’. I was once going to fall into the river with lots of crocodiles. Finally, we went back to the room for a magic trick. During the magic trick I was thinking of what the answer could be. I tried to answer the questions. The questions were difficult but also fun.

My favourite parts in I.E.P. were the games and the magic trick. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it as it was very interesting. I had a great time and lots of fun in I.E.P. that day.

- Priyanka

No comments: