Guiding Light of The Month

O Lord, how ardently do I call and implore Thy love! Grant that my aspiration may be intense enough to awaken the same aspiration everywhere: oh, may good- ness, justice and peace reign as supreme masters, may ignorant egoism be overcome, darkness be suddenly illu- minated by Thy pure Light; may the blind see, the deaf hear, may Thy law be proclaimed in every place and, in a constantly progressive union, in an ever more perfect harmony, may all, like one single being, stretch out their arms towards Thee to identify themselves with Thee and manifest Thee upon earth. - The Mother

Being a young IEP facilitator

Every alternate Sunday is a much awaited time for me. It means going for IEP and spending useful time there. Being the youngest facilitator I enjoy sharing what I have learnt. IEP gives me a time out of my studies and time to put my mind into something that I enjoy doing. Shree Valli and I conduct the aspect of physical education.

I enjoy doing this as it involves games and team-building activities. I usually take the bigger kids as I know what their expectations are and Shree Valli takes the smaller kids because she knows the likes and dislikes of those children much better than I do. We usually get the kids to do physical education from 4pm to 5pm during the 3pm to 5pm class. As you see, we get almost half of the session to ourselves.

Shree Valli and I are very thankful for the time given and try to make the best use of it. We change the games to the likes of the kids. For example when we were playing Captain’s Ball, the game did not attract the small kids so we came up with the ‘passing policy’ which made it compulsory for the big children to pass it to the small ones before scoring.

These are some situations where facilitators are made to think and change the activity immediately to fit the kids’ interest. I had also learnt many things from the kids. I truly say from my heart that I love IEP and I will always not take this as mere work but as work I love doing.

In offering to The Mother
Vishnuraj, IEP Facilitator, Age 14

No comments: