Guiding Light of The Month

O Lord, how ardently do I call and implore Thy love! Grant that my aspiration may be intense enough to awaken the same aspiration everywhere: oh, may good- ness, justice and peace reign as supreme masters, may ignorant egoism be overcome, darkness be suddenly illu- minated by Thy pure Light; may the blind see, the deaf hear, may Thy law be proclaimed in every place and, in a constantly progressive union, in an ever more perfect harmony, may all, like one single being, stretch out their arms towards Thee to identify themselves with Thee and manifest Thee upon earth. - The Mother

Question of the month

Q: Sometimes when I am absorbed in meditation I see and feel that my physical being aspires through work. Then I see a sun manifesting in my physical with its brilliant lights. All the gods and forces emanating from You are in this sun.

A: The Mother: Yes, it is true that in and through work one can enter into contact with the sun of divine light and force.


(CWM Vol 14, Sri Aurobindo Ashram Trust 1980, published by Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Pondicherry)


Q: I am always in touch with the Mother during work. Not only do I remember her but the contact with her remains during work. Her force constantly flows into the Adhar and the work is done automatically, but swiftly, perfectly, unhesitatingly - without personal anxieties and responsibilities; instead, there is confidence, sureness, strength, calmness. I feel that if I can do work in this attitude, it will be perfect, flawless, the work of the Mother’s child, not of an egoistic man. Kindly let me know if I am correct.

A: Sri Aurobindo: Yes, it is a very good progress and the first step towards the right use of the Power for action.

(Selected from ‘Sri Aurobindo on Himself and on the Mother’, Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Pondicherry 1953)


Q: What are the steps to follow for (1) sadhana and (2) silence of the mind?
A: The Mother:
(1) Do work as sadhana. You offer to the Divine the work you do to the best of your capacities and you leave the result to the Divine.

(2) Try to become conscious first above your head, keeping the brain as silent as possible.

If you succeed and work is done in that condition, then it will become perfect.


(CWM Vol 14, Sri Aurobindo Ashram Trust 1980, published by Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Pondicherry)

No comments: