Guiding Light of The Month

O Lord, how ardently do I call and implore Thy love! Grant that my aspiration may be intense enough to awaken the same aspiration everywhere: oh, may good- ness, justice and peace reign as supreme masters, may ignorant egoism be overcome, darkness be suddenly illu- minated by Thy pure Light; may the blind see, the deaf hear, may Thy law be proclaimed in every place and, in a constantly progressive union, in an ever more perfect harmony, may all, like one single being, stretch out their arms towards Thee to identify themselves with Thee and manifest Thee upon earth. - The Mother

Happy Birthday, Sweet Mother.


21/02/2018

Happy Birthday, Mother.

Thank you for the joyous moments, they make my life so worth-while.
Thank you for the sad moments because they taught me how to be stronger.

Thank you for opening the door to new opportunities as they enable me to grow.
Thank you for closing doors on other opportunities, probably because someone else is more deserving of it, and it is the best for me too.

Thank you for the success stories, its all your doing.
Thank you for the failures and hardships for they were important lessons in life, nothing could have been a better teacher.

Thank you for the love that I receive from You and everyone around me, I feel so blessed.
Thank you for the times when I did not receive love from others because it makes me realise that love should not be taken for granted.

Thank you for giving me such great parents, I don't know what I did to deserve them.
Thank you for all their naggings that I resent, for I know that they care so much & what they're saying is the best for me.

Thank you for giving me the basic needs and other things which allow me to lead a peaceful and comfortable life.
Thank you for not giving me all that I ever wanted because I understood that materialistic things are not the ones which give me true happiness.

Thank you for giving me the access to education, I will give back to the society.
Thank you for not making me smart because I understand how to work hard to become who I aspire to be.

Mother, thank you for always holding my hand and walking all my paths with me - you make life so much bearable.

Today, I pray for your happiness and peace. Thank you for all that you have sacrificed for us.

I love you, Mother.
-          Meenakshi
(A diary entry by Meenakshi on Sweet Mother’s birthday)

No comments: