Guiding Light of The Month

O Lord, how ardently do I call and implore Thy love! Grant that my aspiration may be intense enough to awaken the same aspiration everywhere: oh, may good- ness, justice and peace reign as supreme masters, may ignorant egoism be overcome, darkness be suddenly illu- minated by Thy pure Light; may the blind see, the deaf hear, may Thy law be proclaimed in every place and, in a constantly progressive union, in an ever more perfect harmony, may all, like one single being, stretch out their arms towards Thee to identify themselves with Thee and manifest Thee upon earth. - The Mother

My little adventure


A world nestled in neem trees, profound pomegranate flowers, peacocks and parrots, a world where Mother sings her music and passionate children sing her praise, perhaps swans will fly there one day, perhaps lotuses will blossom all day long.

I spent a week at Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Delhi branch, along with the neem trees and pomegranates, along with peacocks and parrots, singing beautiful music, listening to the melodious harmonium that is living along with everyone and with the children and didis.

I took up a small school project in art and music, to be with the children in Mirambika and get to know everyone in the Ashram. And I had a lovely time. I assisted in giving creative ideas for artwork with children and shared few beautiful songs with them. I observed the concept of Integral Education put into practice as I worked with them. As I worked with the children of perseverance group, I relished in watching them work well in a team, in doing a science project. I suggested ideas on making the artwork more interactive and found them accepting the ideas very well. With the young kids, the green group, I worked on a quilling project and it was good to see how enthusiastic they were about it. We drew lotuses, sunshine, peacocks and a little boy wanted to do fire.

The school was filled with beautiful pictures of Sweet Mother and everywhere I turned, I saw her smiling at me. I felt really beautiful as I did music along with the children. I was given a keyboard and little children of many groups surrounded me. As I played the notes, they sang along with me and the children’s voices still reverberate in me. A very delightful moment it was, when a child told me that she didn’t want to sing, but just close her eyes and listen to what I was playing. She did so and it was beautiful. When the youngest group came over, I really did not want to teach them songs, instead, I let them teach me. And they taught me a song on Mother Saraswati. Are they all the swans flying in the school? In the Ashram? I wonder… And another evening, I spent time at Matri Kalamandir learning a song on Savitri along with didis. As I listened to the Harmonium being played, I fell in love with it!

The shrine was like a white chariot carrying a golden princess, the trees where reverberating with the chants of morning birds, the evening meditations where glorious, table roses spoke of colorful compassion, squirrels where squeaking with joy all day long and Mother was watching all with calm passionate eyes. This was my stay at the Ashram in Delhi last month. And I am back home to Bangalore with sweet little memories.

Sandhya


No comments: