Guiding Light of The Month

O Lord, how ardently do I call and implore Thy love! Grant that my aspiration may be intense enough to awaken the same aspiration everywhere: oh, may good- ness, justice and peace reign as supreme masters, may ignorant egoism be overcome, darkness be suddenly illu- minated by Thy pure Light; may the blind see, the deaf hear, may Thy law be proclaimed in every place and, in a constantly progressive union, in an ever more perfect harmony, may all, like one single being, stretch out their arms towards Thee to identify themselves with Thee and manifest Thee upon earth. - The Mother

Along The Way……Reflections on the September 2012 Morning Walk

It was my first time at the Singapore Centre, and it was a very pleasant feeling to be there. I had heard so much about the Centre and the monthly walks in the last couple of years from my friends, Rama and Jayanthy as well as Sharadha and Ganesh, from the Bangalore Centre, and of late, from my daughter, Preethi too. So here I was, finally, all eager and all set for my first time at the monthly walk. The venue for the walk this month was Bedok Reservoir. Everyone gathered at the meeting point, which happened to be near a nice, big swimming pool. We started with some warm-up exercises after which we chanted OM in a group. The little ones who were present there chanted the Students’ prayer, in their very own charming manner. Then we all started walking around the reservoir. It was a bright and sunny day and the water in the vast reservoir was sparkling and had beautiful big trees all around it. It was very nice to see everyone walking briskly and chatting with one another on the way. I realized it is one thing to hear about it and a totally different thing to experience it. There was so much cheer and happiness around. I felt like I was part of one big family. In my one month’s stay in Singapore, I had met many of the members of the Centre on Sundays. And this was a momentous occasion where everyone came together to participate in the monthly walk. It was quite a long walk, spanning over 6km. Once we finished one full round around the reservoir, we started walking towards our hosts’, Mr. and Mrs. Lok’s house.




They gave us a nice warm welcome; we all sat down for the Opening Meditation. After this, the names of people who were going to celebrate their birthdays and wedding anniversaries in the month of September were announced. I thought this was a wonderful idea where everyone gathered there could heartily wish and pray for the best for the people celebrating their birthdays that month. After the announcements, we had a closing meditation and then we were all treated to a lovely sumptuous Chinese vegetarian meal, thanks to our pleasant hosts. I felt very fortunate to be part of this walk. Hope to be back soon!

- Amudha

No comments: