Guiding Light of The Month

O Lord, how ardently do I call and implore Thy love! Grant that my aspiration may be intense enough to awaken the same aspiration everywhere: oh, may good- ness, justice and peace reign as supreme masters, may ignorant egoism be overcome, darkness be suddenly illu- minated by Thy pure Light; may the blind see, the deaf hear, may Thy law be proclaimed in every place and, in a constantly progressive union, in an ever more perfect harmony, may all, like one single being, stretch out their arms towards Thee to identify themselves with Thee and manifest Thee upon earth. - The Mother

Along The Way……Reflections on the October 2012 Morning Walk

One pleasant morning we were at the right time in the right place “Gardens By the Bay”. It was a bright day, I could see the rising sun and it felt as if the morning rays were penetrating thorough my body. Everybody gathered at the visitors’ centre to do some warm up exercises followed by the chanting of the mantra “OM” as a group. Our walk through the garden then started. That was a real awesome time for everybody to chat and have a brisk walk at the same time. We went to Nobong Island, Dragonfly Bridge and had a good photo session. While walking over the bridge my mid was thinking about the rapid growth of Singapore and its transformation into a first world country. Then we walked through Fragile Forest, Super Tree Grove, Heritage Gardens, World of Plants, from there we reached back to the starting point, “Visitor Centre”. My heart felt wishes to Singapore and the people behind it for developing such a garden. I plan to spend half a day here in the near future just to capture nature’s beauty on my camera.


We had a warm welcome at Mr. and Mrs. Shashilal Kashyap’s house, which started with a peaceful meditation. We enjoyed the beautiful dance of their grandchildren. They were good performers. The October month birthdays are celebrated in a fantastic manner. We were served an extraordinary brunch at their place. Last but not the least, I would like to extend my hearty thanks to all my “Sri Aurobindo” family members for giving me such a memorable day.

- Lokesh.

No comments: