Guiding Light of The Month

O Lord, how ardently do I call and implore Thy love! Grant that my aspiration may be intense enough to awaken the same aspiration everywhere: oh, may good- ness, justice and peace reign as supreme masters, may ignorant egoism be overcome, darkness be suddenly illu- minated by Thy pure Light; may the blind see, the deaf hear, may Thy law be proclaimed in every place and, in a constantly progressive union, in an ever more perfect harmony, may all, like one single being, stretch out their arms towards Thee to identify themselves with Thee and manifest Thee upon earth. - The Mother

Along the Way…May 2015 Morning Walk No. 357 – A Review



There are many happy occasions that we experience in life but not all are memorable. To me the monthly walk on the first Sunday of every month organized by the Singapore Centre since the year 1985 was both a happy and a memorable event. It has been many years since I have been hearing about the walks at Singapore and wished that someday I will be part of it. Little did I imagine that my daughter would be married to settle in Singapore with the Rao's family! Thus, during my stay here on a vacation I was invited to be part of this wonderful walk on May 3rd, 2015.

It is said that life has a miraculous way of gracing you with experiences that you deeply hold dear in your heart; at least it has always worked for me!  When Anjanaben showed the text books from Singapore I took a keen interest in ordering for them for my school at Hyderabad. It was then that my wish to visit Singapore took a keen turn and I expressed my wish to Uncle Patel that I would love to visit and be party to his gracious hospitality which I had heard so much about. But alas, it was not to be! Hence, to me it was a double bonus that I was part of the walk and brunch hosted by Ashokbhai and Bhaktiben and a third added as I was requested at the very start that I write about it!  We all gathered at the host’s condominium around 8. 00 am. There were a dozen members of all ages who enthusiastically started off in different groups. It was a lovely morning, cloudy but with no rain. The best part was the site where we walked. - The East Coast Park with a super view of the east bay speckled with many ships and yachts.

The combination of the blue sea and the greenery is always an exhilarating one. The environment was fresh although humid but the beauty of the scenery was so overwhelming that the slight pain on my right ankle caused by the pinch of new shoes was happily dismissed. We walked for around an hour fifteen minutes and gathered at Ashokbhai's home at around 10 am. There were many more who joined us for the meditation and the reading of the Mother's Prayers and Meditations. KV Rao shared his fond remembrances of Uncle Patel and made many in the gathering recollect their memories likewise. It was followed by a sumptuous and tasty brunch. What more could I have asked for!   

Thank you for the opportunity given!
-         Chhalamayi

No comments: