Guiding Light of The Month

O Lord, how ardently do I call and implore Thy love! Grant that my aspiration may be intense enough to awaken the same aspiration everywhere: oh, may good- ness, justice and peace reign as supreme masters, may ignorant egoism be overcome, darkness be suddenly illu- minated by Thy pure Light; may the blind see, the deaf hear, may Thy law be proclaimed in every place and, in a constantly progressive union, in an ever more perfect harmony, may all, like one single being, stretch out their arms towards Thee to identify themselves with Thee and manifest Thee upon earth. - The Mother

Along the Way……Reflections on the August 2013 Morning Walk


I have been very blessed to be part of “Monthly Walk” along with the members of the Sri Aurobindo Society of Singapore. I was only a visitor to Singapore, for ten days. However, I realized that wherever I was, I had to maintain my Sakavasa that I have been creating around myself, consciously through many years. And The Mother and Sri Aurobindo have been my connecting factors wherever I may be or whatever I could be doing.

Life is full of surprises and many times the Divine packs our lives with pleasant surprises. That was how the morning of the Walk turned out to be. Jayanthy welcomed me with open arms and care from the very beginning. That made me feel that I was entering my world, which has been designed by The Mother for all of us. As we went into the Botanical Garden, the warm-up exercises, guided by Jayanthy helped me to loosen my joints and muscles, especially my neck and shoulders that were quite tight due to my wrong posture during the previous night’s sleep. What a relief as I felt light on my shoulders and neck! The Walk began!

At the outset, the place was new to me and so were the people of the group, I met them for the first time. We, all of us, started from the same place and we were made to understand that at a particular time we would come back to the same place. The walk was very pleasant and we walked at our own pace. No hurried steps. No cluttered thoughts either. The natural greenery added to the calmness of the mind. I experienced everything around. The multiple shades of green and brown from different trees, the colourful flowers with different shapes and sizes, the fragrance of different flowers and leaves from far and near. I could see a thin blade of grass below a magnificent tree that almost touched the sky. It was a sight to experience the Creator’s creativity at it's best, not only among plants and trees but also among people around. How many faces and voices! How many ways to feel calm and oneness that people were practicing to stay connected to the Divine.

The Mother had already decided to give the best of mornings to her children. Hence I could experience the hot sun initially, which demanded we hydrate ourselves, but which also later turned to darker clouds and a simple pleasant shower from above. It was a feast for the five senses through the five elements and all were presented with grace. We walked, shared and cared. Introductions and prolonged talks with each other followed. And finally, we reached the place from where we started. It all summed up as one realization in me. It is the Divine’s way of saying..

“All of you start from ME. You are made free to move the way you want. But choose a path that can take you through the right journey. Experience everything that comes along. In everything there is beauty and divine order. See, watch, observe and get absorbed. Share and care for one another. Let the journey go on. But with all that, you have to be back from where you started. You started from me ! You will come back to Me!”

Naran+Aayanam iti Narayanah. The one which pulls, drags Naran (the one in form) is Narayanah. We all shall be back to our origin, from where we have come. In between, Life is Beautiful !

- Uma



No comments: