Guiding Light of The Month

O Lord, how ardently do I call and implore Thy love! Grant that my aspiration may be intense enough to awaken the same aspiration everywhere: oh, may good- ness, justice and peace reign as supreme masters, may ignorant egoism be overcome, darkness be suddenly illu- minated by Thy pure Light; may the blind see, the deaf hear, may Thy law be proclaimed in every place and, in a constantly progressive union, in an ever more perfect harmony, may all, like one single being, stretch out their arms towards Thee to identify themselves with Thee and manifest Thee upon earth. - The Mother

Poetry and Yoga

Literature and art are or can be a first introduction to the inner being- the inner mind, vital; for it is from there that they come. And if one writes poems of bhakti, poems of divine seeking, etc, or creates music of that kind, it means that there is a bhakta or seeker inside who is supporting himself by that self expression. There is also the point of view behind Lele’s anwer to me when I told him that I wanted to do Yoga but for work, for action, not for sannyasa and Nirvana, but that after years of spiritual effort I had failed to find the way and it was for that I had asked to meet him. His first answer was, “It would be easy for you as you are a poet.”

I used to write poems on vital love, I could not do it now (for if I wrote of love, it would be of psychic and spiritual feeling) not because I have narrowed or deteriorated but because I have centred myself in a higher consciousness and anything merely vital would not express me. It must be the same with any one who changes his level of consciousness. Can one say of the man who has grown out of childishness and no longer plays with nursery toys that he has narrowed and deteriorated by the change?

No comments: