Guiding Light of The Month

O Lord, how ardently do I call and implore Thy love! Grant that my aspiration may be intense enough to awaken the same aspiration everywhere: oh, may good- ness, justice and peace reign as supreme masters, may ignorant egoism be overcome, darkness be suddenly illu- minated by Thy pure Light; may the blind see, the deaf hear, may Thy law be proclaimed in every place and, in a constantly progressive union, in an ever more perfect harmony, may all, like one single being, stretch out their arms towards Thee to identify themselves with Thee and manifest Thee upon earth. - The Mother

My dear uncle Patel

Patel Uncle is a name with whom everybody in the Society is familiar. His enthusiasm at the age of 86 shocked me and my friends several times. Most likely it is the start of the new world that the Mother and Sri Aurobindo have discussed in great length. Apart from everlasting enthusiasm there was a lot I could learn from him - love and devotion towards the works of the Mother, Sri Aurobindo and the ashram, continuous care of everybody linked with the Society and help he could deliver with the resources best available to him.

It is truly sad to know about the demise of Patel Uncle. It is a great loss to all of us. He was a constant source of inspiration for all of us in the Society at Singapore in many ways. He was always encouraging with his esteemed presence on all occasions, whether it be the annual cleaning of the Centre, weekly programs or any guest lecture. He graced all of us by his constant smile and enthusiasm.

When I had visited him in Pondicherry in January 2010, just after my marriage, he took us to his home, where we met Aunty. The moments spent with him are still fresh in my memory and inspires me on many occasions.

We pray for the spiritual progress of his soul and peace to all family members as they aspire towards the lotus feet of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother.
- Rahul Shukla

No comments: